Which Tools are You Using?
The year is well underway and online marketing strategies for the year are just starting to settle. The past few months have been unpredictable, with rapid market shifts and unexpected upheaval in many parts of the world, caused by natural and human-made disasters. For many eCommerce merchants, such changes need to be carefully monitored as logistics can be impacted, and beyond your control. For others, retargeting and careful assessment is key to managing marketing that might have become stale overnight.
Some of the digital marketing tools that have evolved in the past decade have made it easier to manage the changes to a marketing strategy that needs to occur rapidly. While automated publishing makes content marketing easy, it needs to be monitored when major shifts, like international banking sanctions, take place. Also, sensitivity needs to factor into your marketing when global shifts happen, such as landslides, flooding and other natural disasters.
So which digital marketing tools are you using in 2022?
AI is using the data that social media users create to provide better customer experiences by using predictive analytics to facilitate targeted marketing. AI can be used as part of your strategy to:
- Create personalized user experiences based on the data collected, such as consumer searches, interests, location and buying behaviour.
- Facilitate decision making that is based on user browsing history, behaviours, and actions. Predictive analytics improves the customer journey by supplying the customer with only the most relevant information, reducing their research time and easing the decision-making process.
- Chatbots are still gaining in popularity. The technology is improving and users are becoming more comfortable with the technology. They create a fast and effective touch-point to move people through the customer journey and are very effective for fast customer-service replies and simple resolutions, acting like an FAQ page.
Influencer marketing is continuing to grow, despite an awareness in the consumer world of how influencers work and are paid. It remains a very popular way of creating communities and reaching audiences with trust messages. Using influencer marketing as part of your marketing strategy is an effective tool for creating trust and community around your brand.
- Influencer videos are extremely useful for driving sales.
- Influencers help build lasting customer relationships, but only when they are authentically enthusiastic about your brand. Choose influencers carefully and only collaborate with those who truly believe in your product or brand.
- Influencers are drivers for organic growth and they cost far less than a known person to promote your brand.
Mobile and Voice Search
In 2021, more than half of all internet searches were conducted on mobile devices and over 30% of these queries were voice searches. This year it is expected that half of all search requests will be voice searches. To be prepared, your website needs to be optimized for voice search.
- Optimize your content for voice search by making your text appealing to Siri, Ok Google, Alexa, and Cortana. Incorporate popular keywords likely to be used by the consumer in your content.
- Publish text, such as blog pieces, that have a conversational tone or include questions and answer responses that will be ‘read’ by search engines and promoted to high-scoring results pages.
Video Content Marketing
People are more likely to recall visual content than any other form of media. This makes video marketing essential to your success. While the early internet was too slow and costly to support video content in large volumes, that is no longer the case, and the internet is fast moving away from its written content search forms and towards more visual and sound content. Including video content is no longer the drain on your speed and load times that it once was, so adding this content to your site is valuable to your marketing strategy.
- Live video streaming can be used to host Q&As, interviews, live events, and behind-the-scenes content. This trend gives a human face to branding that customers enjoy and the ‘live’ aspect allows for mistakes and humour to be injected.
- VR marketing is set to be the next big thing in marketing. Some big brands are already using 360-degree view technology to show off their products and to sounds of success from audiences. It might take a little more time to become mainstream, but it is worth investing in VR marketing if you have a product that is better experienced than just shown.
Marketing is an ever-evolving industry. New technologies have elevated marketing reach and with that extension have come better ways of interacting with customers in ways that are meaningful. Your targeted marketing can be more effective by using the power of influencers, video content, voice search and other content that connects you with your customers.
Welcome to Our Blog
We want to share our expert knowledge with you, and that is why we want you to know that all of our blogs are written by our in-house writing team.
Our writers do the research, discuss the topics and form their own opinions. They do not write for a commission from any sites, products or services mentioned, and we do not publish advertorials or paid reviews.
We enjoy writing for you and will continue to be transparent about our blogs, which are only opinion pieces.